Saturday, August 30, 2008

Laurie is sick.

Laurie has been sick since about Wednesday; fever and stomach virus. It's difficult enough to sleep when you are sick, but even harder when you have a seven month old in your bed that kicks you a lot and has decided that you should wake up and play with him during the middle of the night, and wants to begin his day at 5:30 a.m.!

I made it over to Laurie's house around noon today and left just before 6:00 p.m. She was able to get a little sleep but not enough. That tummy bug is hanging on to her and just won't go away.

Breaunna went to a birthday party for her little neighbor friend that was celebrating her eight birthday; fortunately for Breaunna, her friend, Bianca, got a new bicycle for her birthday and passed her old on down to Breaunna. Once they purchase a new seat for the bike, I'm sure Breaunna and Bianca will enjoy riding their bikes together. Bianca's Mom was nice enough to walk Breaunna home after the party ended.

Even though it was 95 degrees outside, I took Gabriella and Krisalyn for a walk, they out-walked me, a pitiful sight I'm sure! I told Joe that he "has" to get the treadmill down and I must get to walking on it so I can walk around Hawaii with him in December. Next we went to the neighborhood playground. It's so much fun watching the girls run and play and use their vivid imaginations. We kept following the leader, Gabriella, around the park walking on the cement and balancing; Gabriella and Krisalyn said over and over, "don't fall in the lava, don't fall in the lava!" Then they would "fall" into the lava and run around screaming.

Joshua and Noah were out in the neighborhood riding their bikes, I saw them and began to wave, so they joined us at the park for a while. They are good boys and can be so silly. They were kind enough to help me with the girls, lifting them and pushing the swings for me at times.
We stayed gone for almost two hours. Elijah was sleeping for most of the time we were gone.

I brought Joshua and Noah home with me to spend the night. We stopped at the grocery store and bought some "junk food" so they could "pig out" at Grannie's house tonight. Then we stopped at Taco Bell and got Pizza for them and tacos for Joe. They are sitting at the table right now making their own ice cream concoctions with chocolate hard shell topping, chocolate sauce, carmel sauce, chocolate cookie pieces, whipped cream... I sure hope they don't wake me up with tummy aches during the night!

Time for showers; one down, one to go. Easy for me these days because they do it all by themselves. But, not as much fun as when I gave them bubble baths and let them play in the tub until they were finished playing.

Their beds are ready for them, but when will THEY be ready for their beds? Right now they are busy playing Playstation games. When Joe and I go to bed we'll remind them to be quiet and tell them what time they have to wake up in the morning. It's almost 9:00 right now and once they actually lay down in their beds I'm sure they will quickly fall asleep.

Joshua learned his first Bible verse in spanish this week and he says it so well. I think he likes learning spanish. Noah is happy to report that he and his best friend, Liam managed to sit next to each other in class all week without talking and getting into any trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.